Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mary Blair

Crazy double post mania! The country is in hysterics!


Ehem. 


MARY BLAIR. 


If you're not familiar with her, get hep, kid:


In short, Mary Blair was best known for her work as an animator for Walt Disney, but later went on to do graphic design and illustration. Surely you recall those Little Golden books from childhood, oui? Those are what I remember her for.


 Oh my word. Everything about her aesthetic appeals to me. What a blessing upon the world, mais non?















Indeed you are smiling now, if only just a little? 


She did so much wonderful work; it took great restraint to post only the handful of examples above. Thanks Mary! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i confess myself entirely charmed by these. and by you, as it so happens.

Kelly Cameron said...

A little smile? No, a great, big, wide-eyed, rapturous face full of delight! That was like drinking a monster sized cup of the most delicious hot cocoa topped with tons of whipped cream.
Franks for sharing, my dear!

Anonymous said...

I discovered Mary's drawings today thanks to Google and I love them! they are so beautiful and happy.

Denney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This art is freaky and not great

Anonymous said...

Simply lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful selection!!! I loved Mary Blair for years before even knowing exactly who I was loving :)

DYP said...

Love these. Makes me happy looking at them. What a mind she had.

Post a Comment